Vered Eliezri Ganchrow
A graduate of the Department of Industrial Design at Bezalel, I studied classical animation at Sheridan College in Canada and received my master’s degree in cinema from the Tel-Aviv University.
I work and create diverse, commissioned as well as personal projects in illustration, art and animation from my studio in the Jerusalem foothills.
I’ve been teaching drawing and animation for over two decades in Israel’s leading higher education institutions as well as my own studio.
On a personal note…
My work begins in quiet moments of observation. While observing, there are invitations and opportunities to go in unplanned directions and wander through the spaces of creation. On a trip like this, you arrive at an interesting, new, full of movement and amazing places. It is a very lively place and I strive to bring freshness, movement and livelihood to the image using both powerful and refined qualities.
- 2019 – Book Binding at The Jerusalem Print Workshop, Jerusalem.
- 2014 – Etching & Engraving Advanced Course & Silk Print Course at The Jerusalem Print Workshop, Jerusalem.
- 2007-2012 – M.F.A in Direction and production from the Department of Film and Television, Faculty of the Arts, Tel-Aviv University, Israel.
- 1996 – Classical Animation Summer course, Sheridan College, Toronto, Canada.
- 1989-1993 – B.Des. in Industrial Design at Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 1989 – Drawing And Etching Course, “Il Bizonte”, Florence, Italy.
- 1982-1986- Plastic-Arts major, Thelma-Yalin High-School, Givataim, Israel.
Awards and Exhibition
- 2021 – Group Exhibition “published”, Jerusalem Print Workshop art Gallery, Jerusalem.
- 2020 – Group Exhibition “On the Shelf, from the Industrial to the Personal”, Benyamini- contemporary ceramic center, The small Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
- 2020 – Group Exhibition “Women Create” 2020 Edition, The Moshe Castel Museum of Art, Ma’ale-Adumim.
- 2018 – Group Exhibition “Contemporary Local Print”, Jerusalem Print Workshop art Gallery, Jerusalem.
- 2017 – Group Exhibition “Night heart city”, Beit Alians, OutLine festival –Illustration & Poetics in Jerusalem, Jerusalem.
- 2017 – Group Exhibition “Illustrate Yoga”, Hanna House, Tel-Aviv illustration week, Tel-Aviv
- 2017 – Group Exhibition “Yes Bird’s Nest” , Cuckoo’s Nest Gallery, Tel-Aviv illustration week, Tel –Aviv.
- 2017 – Group Exhibition “White City in Full Color”, Prima Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
- 2017 – Exhibition dealing with Smartphone addiction “Undigitize.me”, Buxa Gallery-Bar, Tel-Aviv.
- 2016 – Solo exhibition “Landscape/Cityscape”, Museum of nature history, Jerusalem.
- 2016 – Group exhibition “Ephemera”, Beit-Shmuel, Jerusalem.
- 2016 – Independent literature fair, “Kriat-Kivun”, Talkhouse, Tel-Aviv.
- 2015 – Digital Prints art sale with the project “Face the Sea” at the Beth Jacob Synagogue in Hamilton, Canada.
- 2012-2021 – “Bread and Roses” – Exhibition and Art sale for the benefit of the “Women- and-Work” project, Tel-Aviv.
- 2013 – Short film “Once Upon a Town” screened at festival “Be There!”, Corfu, Greece.
- 2013 – Short film “Once Upon a Town” screened at festival “CitrusCell”, Florida, USA
- 2009 – Group Illustration exhibition “Figures and Creatures” illustration exhibition, The Moral Derfler Gallery, Musrara, Jerusalem.
- 2003 – Group exhibition “Fabrication”, Ashdod Museum, Ashdod, Israel.
- 2002 – “Pairs”, David-Yelling Gallery, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 1997 – Award for artistic achievement from the America-Israel Cultural Foundation
- 1995 – Flipbooks exhibited at the Tel-Aviv University Gallery, Tel Aviv
- 1993 – Award for artistic achievement from the America-Israel Cultural Foudation.
- 1993 – Thesis project exhibit, “BoomPad digital drums-percussions”, Dizengoff Center, Tel Aviv.
- 2017-Present – Host and turor workshop and courses such as” Observing through Sketching”,”Sketching in color”, in my personal studio, Abu-Ghosh.
- 2017-Present – Basic and advanced Animation for Designers courses in the Graphic Design Department, Musrara, The Naggar School of Art and society, Jerusalem.
- 2014-2020 – Classical Animation, elective course, Visual communications Department, faculty of design, HIT, Holon Institute of Technology, Holon.
- 2014-2017 – Basic Animation for Designers, mandatory course, Visual communications department, faculty of design, HIT, Holon Institute of Technology, Holon.
- 2010-2015 – Thinking Animation, Foundation course, School of Audio and Visual Arts, Animation Department, Sapir College, Sderot.
- 2009-2011 – Basics in classical animation, course, Visual Communication Department, Shenkar College of Engineering and Design, Ramat-Gan.
- 2006-2012 – Founder and Lecturer of the Animation Department at Musrara The Naggar School of Art and society, Jerusalem.
- 2006-2008 – Lecturere and final-project instructor; Classical Animation, Animation simulation department, Tel-Hai College, Tel-Hai.
- 1999-2010 – Lecturer; Introduction to Animation, Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem.
- 1999-2001 – Lecturer; 2D animation, Hasifa – The Open University, School for Digital Media & Film, Tel Aviv.
- 1997-1998 – Lecturer ; Advanced Animation, Second year course at the New-Media department, Camera Obscura School for Art and Photography, Tel Aviv.
- 1986-1988 – Military service as a desert guide, Har-Hanegev Field School, Mitzpe-Ramon.
- 2005-present – Freelance animator, Illustrator and designer for Print, TV and Internet.
- 2016 -2017 – Animation and clean-up’s for the “King Solomon” feature international film production, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2004 – Classical Animator at ‘DPSI digital’, Beit-Shemesh, Israel.
- 2003 – Animator and Designer Team Head for instructional films at ‘Tel-Dor’, Rishon-le-Tzion, Israel.
- 1998-1999 – Animator at ‘Primus Design and Animation’, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 1997 – Character designer for 3D projects at ‘Zapa Digital Arts’, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 1995-1996 – Freelance animator and designer.
- 1994 – Animator at ‘PitchyPoy’, the classical animation studio of Noam Meshulam, Jaffa, Israel.
- 1993-1995 – Designer and animator at ‘Pixel Ltd. Computer graphics and animation’,
- Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 1992 – Set designer for clay-animation with ‘Scopus films’, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 1991 – Props for live action feature film industry at ‘Golan Globus’ , Neve-Ilan, Israel.
- 1990 – Props for live action feature film industry at ‘Golan Globus’ , Neve-Ilan, Israel.
2018 – Curator; Group Illustration exhibition “The Space In Between” Musrara main Gallery, The Naggar School of Art and society , Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2017 – Lectur; “Flow In Sequence on Time Line”, during the “In Sequence” morning of lectures, Benyamini- contemporary ceramic center, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- 2017 – Curator; Group Illustration exhibition “Cerberus” built-in conflict Characters
- Tel-Aviv illustration week, Buxa Gallery-Bar, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- 2016 – Curator; Solo exhibition “Fig-Leavs” by Fridel Stern (1948-2000) at The Israeli Cartoon Museum, Holon, Israel.
- 2016 – Curator; Comics by 12 Israeli women exhibition “Bekitzur Israelit” at The Israeli Cartoon Museum, Holon, Israel.
- 2012 – Curator; Animation exhibition show “Animation Here!” at The Moral Derfler Gallery, Musrara, The Naggar School of Art and society, Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2012 – Paper about Animated Character’s Identity Queer reading in the Fleischer Bro. Movies
- 2010 – Paper about Split Screen in Animation: Evolution into Divided attention
- 2009 – Curator; Illustration exhibition “Figures and Creatures” at The Moral Derfler Gallery, Musrara, The Naggar School of Art and society, Jerusalem, Israel.